The National Association of Naval Photography (NANP) offers an annual scholarship to the child, grandchild, or great-grandchild of a member of the NANP. The scholarship is a minimum of $500 and may be more depending on additional contributions by Association members.
To apply, print out the NANP Scholarship Program application provided below and submit it to the Awards Committee at the address on the application no later than August 15th, 2022.
Applicants must be a child, grandchild, or great-grandchild of a paid-up member of the National Association of Naval Photography. Applications must be postmarked no later than August 15, 2022 to be eligible.
Applicant must be enrolled as a full-time student in the upcoming fall semester/quarter at an accredited college or university. Scholarship must be used for undergraduate studies only, leading to an Associates or Bachelor’s Degree.
PLEASE ENCLOSE THE FOLLOWING WITH YOUR APPLICATION
- Transcript of school/college grades signed by a school official in a SEALED envelope.
- Letter of acceptance to an accredited USA College or University signed by an authorized official of the College or University.
- Essay as described below.
- Additional supporting documents as required below.
The following scoring system will be used:
- Grade Point Average (cumulative) X 10 for a high school senior, college freshman, sophomore or junior for a maximum of 40 points. (signed verification/transcript necessary)
- Total hours of employment X 1 point, maximum 15 points. (signed verification necessary)
- Total hours of volunteer work X 1 point, maximum 15 points. (signed verification necessary)
- Each prestigious Honor and/or Award is worth 10 points, maximum 20 points.
- An essay of a minimum of 100 words and a maximum of 250 words is required and worth a maximum of 20 points; 10 points for quality of message and 10 points for grammar, spelling and punctuation. The essay must be based on what President John F. Kennedy’s comment, “Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country.” means to you.
- Applicant must have a minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Applicant must complete 12 credit hours of study per semester to be eligible to receive the monetary award (i.e.; a “full time” student). Quarter hours can be substituted for semester hours.
SELECTION CRITERIA PROCESS AND JUDGING GUIDELINES
The Scholarship Committee shall submit the name of the winner to the NANP Executive Board by September 1st of the year application is made.
The scholarship shall be awarded at the end of the semester upon completion of the fall academic schedule.
The Scholarship winner shall provide a current photo for the records of the NANP Association.
The deadline for applications has been extended this you. All applications must be postmarked no later than August 15, 2022 to be eligible.